Friday, August 17, 2007

care bear city.

I love the sky. I just rediscovered that yesterday. There's just something about them that gets to me, and I can't quite put my finger on what that exactly. It could be the fact that clouds are like floating play-doh, they look great in frames and photos, or a tempting endless supply of cotton candy.

People often look to the sky for 'signs'. Some get rainbows, others get alphabets, words and even illustrations! I'm just a sucker for something that just blows my mind. They kinda remind me that it's okay to not have everything figured out. We all need a li'l of life's mysteries to bring us back to the fact that we're not really in full control. Avid gamers, fans of Warcraft, even the Sims ; you get to control your 'world' - sorta like a God-role. But if you were literally held accountable for each life, meet every need and tend to every detail including hunger pangs, you'd think twice...heck, a zillion times before taking on the role. "With great power comes great responsiblity" suddenly ain't that cool a phrase anymore.

Not in full control? - Hey, it ain't that bad. Looking up to the sky keeps me on ground. It serves not just as great post-it reminder that I'm responsible for what I'm entrusted with on earth, but a pillow of comfort knowing that I'm in great hands.

Speaking of great hands... I've developed biceps. Wait, a bicep. Forget dumbells, crutches are the next gym toys - they work wonders!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Joel Vijay said...

Thanks Nira :)