Monday, July 30, 2007

cat killer

Its thrilling to find that as humans we've made it freakishly far, messing around with science, which is really like a sponge that could never be squeezed dry. Speaking about sponges, I remember talking to a friend once about .. CURIOUSITY. Some say its a divine gift, others point their fingers toward dead cats. Stretching the limits, walking on the borders - we'll just hit the "unity" button on this and agree that curiousity achieves something : it gets your lazy ass off the couch.

I was a curious li'l kid. At 5, I recall watching a dear ol' uncle of mine, (he's a great guy) take great big puffs out of his big black pipe, the smoke ocassionally finding its way into my nostrils. What on earth was that thing? Big bro & I were regulars at this uncle's house, as my parents occasionally left us in his care as they occasionally went for child-free(hassle-free) occasions. That day arrived. When dear ol' uncle had hurriedly left to answer a phone call upstairs. A real long phone call, I guess. The pipe sparkled. It was still brewing, we could tell from the smoke. Big bro & I looked at each other. He grabbed it, devoured it and passed it on to me. What a great brother! In my head... I was already tasting Chup a Chups' & Melody Pop. Here goes.

* vomit .

That's exactly what we did. It tasted so bad, that we had indigestion and had to be put to bed early. Dear ol' uncle sorta figured out we had our mouths on his precious pipe. Cut the long story short, Curiousity must have had its bests laughs in months. Lesson learnt : Don't smoke.

I always wondered why I was never drawn to cigarrettes, but it kinda hit me just looking at the ashtray laid in front of me at a 'mamak. I was probably traumatised. A hidden scar. Right there, I was also curious to know why I wasn't drawn to beer, and ..let's just say, that's whole other chapter.

Curiousity. Sometimes, its just a matter of leading it on the right path, pulling the breaks before the lights turn red *(heck do it when its orange). Other times, its best to stay clear, to stay far away. Don't sulk over 'what might have been', just keep moving. Yeah, I guess that's exactly what it does : Curiousity gets you moving; moving forward or backward - that's the next step.


No comments: